Tuesday 6 May 2014

FMP - Character Design: Random Characters #1


A concept for a small, rotund alien that inhabits a planet that's pretty much the galaxies junkyard.
At the start of the story, Doomcough crash lands on the planet these creatures inhabit.

I got inspiration to design this guy after seeing a gas mask at the Royal Armory in Leeds.

I doodled an idea for a 'rival' character, a mad scientist that Doomcough had to knock heads with on occasion.
One of my concepts was an aging scientist called Dr. Pen Dayo. (A play on 'Pendejo', meaning asshole in spanish.)
I'd imagine he'd always keep his calm and splurt witty insults at Doomcough, much to Doomcoughs enjoyment.

I like how this character is even thinner than Doomcough, like to the point of him being a stick.
One of the ideas I had (And a nod to the Sonic the Hedgehog series, sorry Dave.) is at the start of the story, the two heroes are fighting Doomcough onboard his spacestation, whilst he pilots a giant machine called 'The Big Doom'.
In the story, the heroes shatter the windows in the room and knock the robots head off, sending Doomcough into space, with the junk planet below so Doomcough gets caught in the planets atmosphere.

I like the 'yeti' look of the machine, it makes the machine look bigger and Doomcough, having a Napoleon Complex, would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment