Tuesday 6 May 2014

FMP - Character Design: Cindy Baseline #2

I wanted to redesign Cindy and make her much easier to draw over and over again.
I removed most of her robotic parts and made her more humanoid, as the previous designs were over-detailed.
The image on the left was the first version of the redesign I drew, but it bore too many similarities to the Ratchet & Clank character, Courtney Gears. (Courtney was one of my inspirations for the character, but the first concept turned out too similar.)
So on the right, I tweaked the design a bit, giving her a ponytail, removing some of the similarities to Courtney and giving her shorts instead of a skirt.
This saved the design for me, and with that I moved on to the final version of this concept.
Cindy Baseline, the dubstep-fuelled femme fatale.
I decided to change her hair colour to blonde to further mimic the 'popstar' look she has, and also made her clothing pinker with very little differing colour.
I tried a new shading style for the silver parts of her body, and I think it recreated the look of metal really well.
I also shrank the dubstep weapon on her arm.

Overall, I really like this new design over the older designs I did.

Artist Note: This design here will probably be the design I stick with for the rest of the project.
Its the perfect blend of simplicity and detail, whilst looking like an intergalactic popstar and not looking like Courtney Gears. - Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment