Saturday 31 May 2014

FMP - Character Design: General Richter

I did the first design for this character a while ago, but I redesigned him today after not being happy with the original concept.
I wanted General Richter to be a towering statue of a man who's both physically imposing and also tough looking, which I think the first design didn't portray very well.
Here's both the designs, the old one first and the new one second.

The first concept I did; I'm not entirely happy with his look and think it was an 'on the spot' thing as I needed a sixth villain quickly for my poster draft.
He looked a bit goofy and small to be the character I envisioned, so this design is a piece of developmental work.

General Richter MK II; This design was done today and I took my time with it.
Taking inspiration from big villains like Bane from Batman and military types from various media, I created a new look for the General, making him tall and imposing, but also giving him some anatomy unlike his rather ugly first design.
I also changed his attire, giving him a mercenary vest over his old ISR jacket, changing his 'earthquake fists' into normal hands with one arm robotic.

I really like this new design, it's quite imposing and militant, whilst also looking more intimidating than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment