Monday 5 May 2014

FMP - Character Design: Cindy Baseline Concepts #1

NOTE: I'm still developing this character; These concepts are just that. Concepts.
I still need to design her in a way that'd be easy to draw in a graphic novel, as well as still looking interesting.
These designs are good, but aren't the final designs.

The first concept I doodled; I had the idea for an android with arm-mounted speakers that blasted Dubstep.
She could use the 'wubs' to destroy buildings, shatter glass and deafen people.
As she had a 'popstar' look to her, I named her 'Cindy Baseline', to also mirror her Dubstep functions.

I was happy with this cocnept, though it has the problem the rest of these designs have, being she's too detailed and would be difficult to redraw again.



I next did a couple of head variations for her; I really liked the idea that she's wearing headphones, so I kept that as a running theme in my designs.
The left one is innocent looking, whilst the right one looks a lot more nefarious and devilish.

I like both concepts, the right one is my favorite, though it's not the final design either.

I drew a more refined concept for her, though it still has the problem of being too detailed.
I am quite fond of this look for her, though if I simplified it, it'd look even better.

I'd imagine her with clothes too, so that's something for me to note when doing her next design.
A refined version of the above concept.
She is way too detailed, like 'Michael Bay Transformers' detailed.
Scaling down the detail by hiding parts behind clothing and metal plates would help.

I like the colour scheme though, it's very 'Pop star'.

Artist Note: I think I need to greatly simplify her next design, in order to make her much easier to draw if I do explore the possibility of doing a graphic novel.
This can be done in a matter of ways, by adding extra plates and rubber to cover her gears and even give her some clothing. - Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment