Monday 5 May 2014

FMP - Character Design: Hero and Heroine Concepts

The concept I sketched of the hero; The story is told from the Villains point of view, so the Hero isn't the focus.
He and his female companion are the two characters who thwart Dr. Doomcough on a regular basis.
He needed to look cool and spunky, but also ready to fight.

I wanted to make the characters teenagers, since it has a better chance of identifying with younger audiences than an adult hero. (Even though, again, this story is told from the villains perspective for the majority.
The concept I sketched for the Heroine; The hero has a female companion, but from the start, I wanted to make the other heroic character an alien to diversify the characters a bit, and to show that the organization that the two are from employs all species, and not just humans.

Her design was one of the hardest to do so far, to the point where I had to do two designs just to get a decent starting design.
The first concept I did of the character, though I wasn't happy with it and I redrew her as you can see above this image.



No comments:

Post a Comment