Wednesday 27 November 2013

Experimentation - #1

In response to the group critique we had on Monday, I've tried a few other styles besides my own cartoon game style.
I've tried to do less cartoony drawings and explored costume design and other illustrations based on other styles I like. (Costume design to be posted soon.)
I did two illustrations in different art styles, and both of them were drawn straight from my mind. (Although in future I'm going to use reference imagery to help me draw a more accurate representation.)
A random character, sorta using my memory of the 'Borderlands' artstyle.
I'm quite proud of this too, even if it's not the most refined.
The Penguin from Batman, based on his more realistic designs in the Arkham games.
I'm going to continue exploring different ways of drawing my characters.
I'm not abandoning my cartoony art style, but I'm definitely giving it a break for now and may return to it later after experimenting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment