Tuesday 11 March 2014

Mock FMP - Statement of Intent UPDATED

I thought I'd update my statement of intent now I have an thought of what I'm going to do.

The theme of the project is posing; a common theme I noticed in previous projects is that a lot of my characters are just standing there, looking stagnant and not doing much of anything.
A Rakes Progress introduced me to posing for scenes, and I really enjoyed it as it made my characters a lot more engaging.

For this project, I'm going to create a draft for a comic, one that's very fast paced and has a lot of action.  Whilst I want to finish the cover and a few pages, I'm not aiming to finish the entire comic with refined lineart and colours. (Though depending on how this goes, my FMP might expand upon this.)
I'd also be sticking to my pathway of character design, and create a range of characters for the comic; although I'm not shying away from doing object and world design, as a comic needs these aspects.

Research will be into media with similar themes to my idea, such as Sly Cooper, Star Fox, Sonic and so forth.
I'll look at comics for research into comic composition and strtucture.

I decided for the majority of the project, the work will be digital, as I have a much better workflow on Photoshop as opposed to paper.
I could still do thumbnail sketches via paper if I'm away from my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment