Tuesday 18 March 2014

Mock FMP - Reboot (Pandora's Box)

So the comic idea I had was cool and all, but I've found myself not enjoying it as much.
I like the characters, but I don't think I could build a whole College project on them, so I'm gonna shelve them and use them in a personal project later on.


But now, I'm returning to an idea I had at the start, called Pandora's Box.
It's a game design idea, but not the usual cartoon-y games I usually create.

Pandora's Box is dark and mature, a game about the Pandora's Box, which is a prison that houses the worlds most famous evils, like Medusa, Dracula, the Frankenstein Monster and many more.
Pandora herself has been condemned by Zeus and Athena to watch over the Box as warden.
Eris, the goddess of chaos, re-opens the box and spills the evils across time and space.
One of the first concepts for Pandora, the main character, and some concepts for her mask.
Pandora is then sent to different locations in time to hunt down the evils and send them back to the Box.
During her quests, she is acommpanied by heroes and heroines for the specific evils, such as Perseus for Medusa, Van Helsing for Dracula and sometimes, the thing she's hunting can aid her in finding a greater evil.

The first concept for a resurrected Medusa; the gore and nudity were touches to make the character more mature and gruesome.

Again, this project is going to be entirely digital, as I prefer the workflow.
The main focus of this project for me is anatomy and posing.
To aid this, I'm using a program called Makehuman.
Simply, it's a 3D mannequin creator, that I'm using as a sort of 'life drawing' program to improve how my characters look.
The models are really versatile and have a variety of sizes, shapes and diversity, that really helps with the character concepts.
Below is one of the poses made in the program.
The pose I used for Pandora's concept; the models are really posable and have helped immensly on this project so far.
I'm designing a range of characters and objects for this, with several concepts for each.
I'm also going to research into films and games based on mythology, monsters and so forth.






No comments:

Post a Comment