Monday 6 January 2014

RIP Greg Martin

This isn't as much to do with college as it is to do with the passing off one of my major inspirations, Greg Martin.
He created the box art of many video games throughout the 90's, including my personal favorite, Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
His artwork always had a 3D look to it, despite it being a 2D image and he knew how to make something look incredibly eye-catching.

The cover to Sonic 2, drawn by Greg Martin.
Greg Martin influenced my work in many ways, it was his work that made me want to do 3D shading on my artwork and also his covers taught me much about game over composition and how to make a  character look appealing.

RIP Greg Martin, your artwork has inspired me so much, and I hope one day my art will leave just as big of an impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment